Friday, February 4, 2011

Cairo Egypt True courage, an incredible account of events

After my trip to Lebanon about a year ago I came home and signed up on Twitter. I found that Twitter served as a great tool to follow events over seas since a lot of things are not mentioned here. One of the people I followed was BloggerSeif. He is a student at Lebanese American University in Beirut studying political science and journalism. He went to Cairo to support the Egyptian people in their protests against a brutal dictator. This is a fascinating time line:

This list compiled by NOW Lebanon :


BloggerSeif
Tahrir is packed!! Literally packed. All ages, all faiths.
BloggerSeif
My pendants are for everyone to see, so Lebanese can learn from Egypt! Cross and crescent side by side
BloggerSeif
Definition of love? The people here and how they are treating each other
BloggerSeif
Men staying back in neighbourhoods to protect from looting while ppl go to protest is STILL IN EFFECT. Working in shifts #Jan25
BloggerSeif
We are now 13 Lebanese people together here. Staying in tight group for now. Tahrir is still very scary. #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Still in Tahrir square, protesters still here angry over Mubarak speech #jan25
BloggerSeif
Can't sleep well, I just have a weird feeling. Keep waking up. Most of us are like that. #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Morning everyone, currently not in Tahrir. Our camp hasn't eaten in 16 hours. Rushdi and I are joining lines to buy food #Jan25
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BloggerSeif
undercover cop demanded my phone, when I said no he swung at me, and I pushed back.
BloggerSeif
Army wanting us in homes!! All over! This will be a violent day. Feel it. #Jan25
BloggerSeif
@SarahKaram1 MEET ME NOW! Say ur my fiance and we got separated if anyone asks! NOW! #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Feeling defeated. I want to leave #Egypt now. Really, things have flipped. #jan25
BloggerSeif
Pro mubarak man asking me for my phone, threatening me and Lebanese here. Telling us he will attack me #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Stop saying there are no clashes media, ppl are attacking us! North side of Tahrir!! #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Stones falling our way, we will throw back. #Jan25 @SarahKaram1 and pro mubarak girl on floor. Women are in serious clashes #Jan25
BloggerSeif
THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE, STOP TEAR GAS #Jan25
BloggerSeif
CHILD TRAMPLED #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Army you will cause a massacre here tonight! We’re peaceful protesters, u let them in here!! #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Horses are here, horses trampling. Man off horse being beat by anti mubarak men, horse running wild #Jan25
BloggerSeif
These are thugs, not protesters!! We were peaceful ppl!! We were peaceful! #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Keep in mind most anti mubarak ppl are low on food, our energy isn't well... The army, this is your fault #Jan25
BloggerSeif
MOLOTOV COCKTAILS? Can someone verify? #Jan25
BloggerSeif
I can't tell if they are aiming for us or pro mubarak ppl?! :S #Jan25
BloggerSeif
BOILING WATER BEING THROWN FROM BALCONIES AROUND TAHRIR, BRICKS DROPPED DOWN #Jan25
BloggerSeif
HOW DO WE GET OUT, SOMEONE TELL US!
BloggerSeif
We are trying to find way out, we are blocked from all sides. Please, mubarak stop, mubarak stop them!
BloggerSeif
Screaming, crying, injured, burned, they will kill us, I swear we will die. Omfg! #Jan25
BloggerSeif
Pro mubarak protesters broke into square!!! Entrance broken! OMFG there's blood, omfg OmFGf
BloggerSeif
:'( omg I have someones child, I have a child. 2 yrs max, green eyes, says his name mahmoud. Tweet it for me
BloggerSeif
PEOPLE LEAVE TAHRIR VIA OMAR MAKRAM, SEMIRAMIS THEN VIA NILE! #jan25
BloggerSeif
Another entrance down... Omg there's dead people. There's dead people...
BloggerSeif
Lebanese united with us, all 14 of us. All staying at Rushdi's place tonight. Dunno what tommorow holds. Will be back at it tom (1/2)
BloggerSeif
Other than bruises, unable to stand, starved, and panic, were all fine. Feeling betrayed, all of us are. Massacre in square, please watch em

You can read his blog here. We all hope for his safe return to Lebanon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment