Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Swift justice

"I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child, well nursed, is at a year old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout."

~Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal~

 On a daily basis I am subjected to opinions from almost every angle. From local issues concerning things in the small town I grew up in (I am currently re-acquainting myself) to Wikileaks to news from Europe to the Middle East.

I find it both sad and laughably true that it would not surprise me a bit to wake up one morning and see the first paragraph blazoned across the front of FOX News. You know, the fair and balanced people. Of course all this can be avoided. Just ask them. If all the lazy people in the country would just get off their butts and get their college degrees, so they can make loads of money, we would not have to squabble about welfare or tax hikes. The problem is, these lazy people just want to FEED off the government because they enjoy living in poverty and don't want to work, produce what? Yep.........kids that  want to FEED off the government because they enjoy living in poverty and don't want to work.

In summary.......wake up America! Before the haves start eating the have nots babies.

:-)



     

No comments:

Post a Comment